The Summer 2012 issue (vol. 14, no. 1) leads with a unique and stimulating discussion between Alvin Plantinga and Michael Tooley about Plantinga’s “new argument against materialism.” In addition, other contributions include the following:
- Nathan Jacobsasks, “Are Created Spirits Composed of Matter and Form?” and offers a defense of “Pneumatic Hylomorphism.”
- Stewart Goetzcritiques N.T. Wright’s critique of dualism.
- Esther Meekcontrasts Michael Polanyi and Alvin Plantinga’s contributions to epistemology.
- Christian Miller and Cristian Mihutcontribute to discussions on forgiveness, resentment, and virtue ethics.
- John Jefferson Davisaddresses the challenge of inter-religious epistemologies in the Christian-Buddhist discussion.
- Charles Taliaferro discusses the significance of thought experiments in Derek Parfit’s work.
- Kirk MacGregordiscusses the irrelevance of gratuitous evil.