Support the EPS to expand its reach, support its members, and be a credible presence of Christ-shaped philosophical interests in the academy and into the wider culture!
The 2023 national meeting of the Evangelical Philosophical Society will be held at the San Antonio Grand Hyatt and the Henry B. González Convention Center in San Antonio, Texas from November 14–16. C. Stephen Evans(Baylor University) will give our plenary address this year entitled, “Should Christians Accept a Divine Command Theory of Moral Obligations?” The meeting will be held in conjunction with the Evangelical Theological Society.
- Register for the conference via the ETS website.
- Renew your EPS membership. If you are not a current member, please renew today.
- Preview the Annual Meeting.
One of the highlights of our conference? Gathering and connecting with a variety of younger and older EPS members who are working on a variety of projects in philosophy, theology, and apologetics.
- Details forthcoming.
Call for Papers
We invite paper submissions or proposals for panel discussions addressing any topic of interest to Christian philosophers. We will be dedicating one morning session (four papers) to the topic of apologetics; so please specify in your submission if you would like to be considered for the apologetics session.
Submissions should include:
- Author’s name
- Contact information (at least email)
- Title of paper
- Institutional affiliation
- Time constraints / preferences
- Days and times you CANNOT read the paper
- Days and times you would PREFER to read the paper
- While we will do our best to accommodate your preferences, inflexibility with regard to possible reading times may make your paper more difficult to accept*
- An abstract of the paper (100-200 words). Strong preference will be shown to submissions including full text of paper.
Deadline and Submission Process:
- All proposals must be received by April 15, 2023 by the end of the day to be considered.
- Proposals should be sent as either doc(x) or PDF attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate whether you are willing to serve as a moderator for EPS sessions.
Guidelines for Presentations
- Paper should take no more than 25 minutes to read, leaving 10-15 minutes for discussion.
- Cancellation: Please communicate all cancellations to the moderator of your session. If you need to cancel your presentation and it has already been announced via the conference program, please plan to have a friend or colleague read your paper on your behalf.
Graduate Student Philosophy Paper Contest
As part of our initiative to help develop graduate student scholarship, the EPS will be awarding a $1000 prize for the best graduate student philosophy paper. In order to be considered for the prize, full papers must be submitted. If you are a graduate student, please indicate this in your submission email so you can be considered for the contest. The final draft of the paper should not exceed 3,200 words. To receive the prize, the author must attend the meeting. If the winning author is unable to attend, the prize will go to the runner-up.
Come Join the EPS at the 2023 annual AAR/SBL Meetings
2023 EPS Call for Panel Proposals at AAR/SBL
The Evangelical Philosophical Society is now accepting proposals for EPS sessions at the American Academy of Religion (AAR) and Society of Biblical Literature (SBL) Annual Meeting in San Antonio, TX, November 18-21st.
EPS members are welcome to propose panels devoted to a theme or book. Please consider proposals that would be on topics of interest not only to EPS members, but also to other philosophers, religious studies members, and theologians of AAR & SBL.
Your proposal should include:
- Description of the topic (1 paragraph).
- Names and affiliations of the panelists (and a brief mention of their respective contributions).
Deadline: March 1. Please send your proposal as text typed into an e-mail to Scott Smith (email@example.com). Dr. William Lane Craig will review the proposals.
Note: all presenters will need to register and pay the fee for the AAR/SBL annual meeting. Check the AAR/SBL website for options. This fee is distinct from the registration for the national ETS/EPS national conference.
Mark Your Calendars for the 2023 Central Division Meeting of the American Philosophical Association! Join EPS President, Mike Austin, for the EPS Session at the Central Division Meeting.
- “Philosophy of Theological Anthropology” with Sarah Borden Sharkey, Glenn Butner, Jean-Baptiste Guillon, and many others!
- “Philosophical Discussions on Marriage and Family Topics” with Michael Austin, Michael McFall, Daniel J. Hill and many others!
- “Christ-Shaped Philosophy” with Paul Moser and dozens of other contributors!
- “Christian Philosophers in the ‘Secular Academy'” with Marylin McCord-Adams, Christopher Tollefsen, and many others!
Please consider becoming a regular annual or monthly financial partner with the Evangelical Philosophical Society in order to better support the work of our members in the academy and into the wider culture!