Good philosophy must exist, if for no other reason, because bad philosophy needs to be answered" - C.S. Lewis
The Evangelical Philosophical Society has been an important part of my personal and professional growth over the past 20 years. As a philosopher at a secular university, the work done by EPS members, the excellent scholarship in the journal and online venues, and the friendships I’ve been fortunate enough to build have been life-changing.
Fundamentally, the EPS is a movement, as Dr. William Lane Craig stated at our annual meeting. We are more than just an academic society; we are people dedicated to loving God who seek to do Christian philosophy with excellence in pursuit of the wisdom that is found in Christ Jesus. And we do all of this for the sake of both the church and the world, which is why we count professors, pastors, apologists, campus ministers, and laypersons as part of that movement.
But we have not yet come close to reaching our full potential. The EPS is making an impact in the academy, the church, and the world, but there is so much more that we can do. And by partnering with us, you can help us reach our goal.
Even non-professionals also see the value of this movement.
It may surprise you that one of our most significant donors has no academic affiliation or pedigree. Yet, he very much believes in the importance of Christians confidently doing philosophy. Yet one or two donors cannot stand alone. That’s why I’m asking you to join in this movement so that we can make an even bigger impact in 2023 and beyond.
Your partnership will help us accomplish the following:
- Creating a Membership Growth Campaign by reaching out to EPS members, helping them invite colleagues, students, and friends to join the Society. This can result in significant growth for the Society.
- Launch a Conference Scholarship fund to support EPS members, especially international graduate students, to present at the EPS annual meeting and other conferences in the U.S. and around the world.
- Empower Philosophia Christi to be sustainable in 2023 as production costs continue to increase.
- Produce short video content from leading Christian scholars doing work in philosophy and interrelated disciplines.
- Advance two multi-author web projects that explore philosophical categories and concepts of the Bible, and a project that illuminates legal philosophy trajectories that threaten to diminish people’s freedoms.
- Support additional regional meetings (including at the American Philosophical Association) that directly empower Christian perspectives on philosophical issues.
- Enable more intentional space at our annual meetings to cultivate and encourage graduate students in their journey and professional development.
- Grow the EPS Graduate Student Award and its opportunity to support and encourage emerging scholars.
Will you stand with us? Your monthly support will enable us to increase the effectiveness of your gift by keeping our costs low. We ask you to prayerfully consider a monthly gift of $100 or more, but whatever amount you are led to give will be deeply appreciated!
We are an organization significantly driven by the generous giving of people’s time, talent, prayers, and financial resources and we are honored to have your support.
Thank you so much,