The 2023 national meeting of the Evangelical Philosophical Society will be held at the San Antonio Grand Hyatt and the Henry B. González Convention Center in San Antonio, Texas from November 14–16. Stephen Evans (Baylor University) will give our plenary address this year entitled, “Should Christians Accept a Divine Command Theory of Moral Obligations?” The meeting will be held in conjunction with the Evangelical Theological Society.
We invite paper submissions or proposals for panel discussions addressing any topic of interest to Christian philosophers. We will be dedicating one morning session (four papers) to the topic of apologetics; so please specify in your submission if you would like to be considered for the apologetics session.
Graduate Student Philosophy Paper Contest
As part of our initiative to help develop graduate student scholarship, the EPS will be awarding a $1000 prize for the best graduate student philosophy paper. In order to be considered for the prize, full papers must be submitted. If you are a graduate student, please indicate this in your submission email so you can be considered for the contest. The final draft of the paper should not exceed 3,200 words. To receive the prize, the author must attend the meeting. If the winning author is unable to attend, the prize will go to the runner-up.
Submissions should include:
- Author’s name
- Contact information (at least email)
- Title of paper
- Institutional affiliation
- Time constraints / preferences
- Days and times you CANNOT read the paper
- Days and times you would PREFER to read the paper
- While we will do our best to accommodate your preferences, inflexibility with regard to possible reading times may make your paper more difficult to accept*
- An abstract of the paper (100-200 words). Strong preference will be shown to submissions including full text of paper.
Deadline and Submission Process:
- All proposals must be received by April 15, 2023 by the end of the day to be considered.
- Proposals should be sent as either doc(x) or PDF attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate whether you are willing to serve as a moderator for EPS sessions.
Guidelines for Presentations
- Paper should take no more than 25 minutes to read, leaving 10-15 minutes for discussion.
- Cancellation: Please communicate all cancellations to the moderator of your session. If you need to cancel your presentation and it has already been announced via the conference program, please plan to have a friend or colleague read your paper on your behalf.